How it’s made.
Vipp441 Laundry basket
You might already have seen our laundry basket in a shop, at a friend’s place or maybe you own one yourself.
To give you a little insight into the production of the laundry basket, here are some snapshots from the latest trip to our factory in Latvia.
1. The production process starts with a flat sheet of stainless steel. Here it is cut into the right dimensions.
2. The steel sheet is then rolled into a cylinder and welded by hand. A skilled craftsman can weld around 15 pieces an hour.
3. The lid is made in no less than 17 work steps. Starting with a flat metal sheet it undergoes a number of deep-drawing, bending, sanding and polishing processes. Here the lid is drawn under 250 tons of pressure.
4. The lid features 1920 small perforations offer the functional benefit of ventilating the laundry. The perforations alone are made in 10 working steps with a specially designed tool.
5. The final product is ready to be shipped after 12 working days and a total of 35 production steps.
The laundry basket is available here