Download your digital Vipp bin
FAQ ABOUT THE VIPP SHELTER
INFO - CONCEPT - BUILD - DELIVERY
I am interested in getting my own Vipp shelter, how do I start?
1) Browse our website thoroughly to understand the concept of the Vipp shelter.
2) Get in touch with Vipp to initiate a dialogue and inform us on your intended build site via our online contact form
3) Find a local contractor who can confirm site compliance with our team in regards to size and weight, foundation, requirements for water, sewage and electricity, site access, insulation, mounting and fitting. Prior to fabrication we provide you with a full set of Vipp shelter documentation drawings for your local contractor
4) Payment of initial project engineering deposit of € 4.400 / $ 5,000 prior to process setup between your local contractor and our team, where we together shape the project details and timeline
5) 50% of the price is paid at order confirmation and production will begin
6) Final 50% deducted the deposit is paid prior to shipping
7) Installation by the Vipp team
8) Pack your iPad and escape
CAN I MAKE CHANGES TO THE DESIGN OF THE SHELTER ?
What you see is what you get.
Consider the Vipp shelter as a finished product, delivered and installed as is on a location of your choosing. Because the shelter is a plug & play solution you cannot alter the design, interior, or appliances. Our designer and engineers have made all the choices and deselections so you don't have to, and the prefab construction of the shelter means that it can be installed within a couple of days.
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH THE SHELTER ?
Everything you see in the images is included. The Vipp shelter is fully equipped, so all you need is your weekend bag. Everything else is taken care of - from appliances, furniture, and lighting to tableware, towels, and even bedlinen. See the full list of included interior here.
HOW BIG IS THE VIPP SHELTER ?
The Vipp shelter is a 55m2 / 592ft2 two-level space, where only the bathroom and bed loft is separated from the main living space. The shelter comfortably fits two people in the bed loft and an additional guest on the daybed. See the floorplan and 3D drawings here.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY BUILD SITE WILL WORK ?
Here is what to consider:
- We can work with most foundation types
- Your build site must be in close proximity to electrical, water, sewerage, gas, and other utilities you may require. See more below
- Road access and site restrictions should be considered. The shelter is delivered as three modules, each in a 40ft container, and we will need an open are large enough for the crane to rest, while it is lifting the shelter in place
DO I NEED SEWERAGE, ELECTRIC, AND WATER ?
The shelter is conceptualised as five-star camping, not as an off-grid construction. So you will need access to sewerage, electric, and water for your appliances and sanitary installations. The easiest solution is to place your shelter on a build site, where these installations are already in place, but get in touch and we will see what we can do. Contact us here.
IS THE SHELTER SUITED FOR HOT CLIMATES ?
If you want to place a shelter in a very hot climate, we will have to evaluate the exact location, how the shelter will be oriented towards the sun, if there is shade cast from trees etc. Some adjustments can be explored in the engineering phase, such as UV filtres on the window panels, installation of air condition etc.
IS THERE ALSO A VERSION SUITED FOR COLD CLIMATES AND HEAVY SNOWFALL ?
The shelter can withstand rather large amounts of heavy snowfall, but if you want to place your shelter in a very exposed area, we will evaluate if additional support in the construction is needed.
WHAT ARE THE HEATING AND COOLING SOLUTIONS ?
The centrally-positioned fireplace in the shelter offers an equal distribution of heat, and the shelter is also equipped with electrical floor heating. Sliding glass doors on both sides of the shelter create natural air condition, and the shelter is isolated with 250mm glass wool insulation.
WHAT IS THE TOTAL PRICE OF MY PROJECT ?
The total price of your shelter project varies depending on four cost areas excluding the price of your build site:
1) Product price € 580,000 / $ 585,000
2) Delivery and installation (see cost matrix below)
3) Crane rental (not included in the shelter price)
4) Local contractor (at your own expense)
CAN I INSTALL THE VIPP SHELTER MYSELF ?
Like a new car would never be delivered without wheels, a Vipp shelter will never be handed over unfinished. A Vipp shelter is always delivered and installed by our own experienced crew, who will ensure compliance with Vipp's quality standards. This is your guarantee for a premium experience.
DO YOU DELIVER WORLDWIDE, AND WHAT ARE THE DELIVERY COSTS ?
Your shelter can be delivered to any spot in the world. The delivery and installation costs will vary according to your location as indicated below:
Europe: 10% added to the shelter price
The US, East Coast: 12% added to the shelter price
The US, West Coast: 15% added to the shelter price
Asia and other countries: Price upon request
Crane rental is not included in the delivery costs.
We exploit the benefits of prefabrication allowing for an easy, speedy, and cost-efficient process. The shelter is produced in Denmark, and production time is approx. six months plus time for delivery and installation. Delivery time varies according to location, and installation will take three-five days.
DO YOU HAVE A SALES REP IN MY AREA ?
Because we value a close relation with our customers and want to give you the best possible service, we have cut out the middle man and will handle all your questions from our office in Copenhagen. Our designer and engineers are ready to assist you through the process.
CAN I VISIT THE SHELTER ON MY OWN ?
The first Vipp shelter is located in Southern Sweden, approx. two hours by car from Copenhagen. We want to give you a proper experience of the shelter and tell you about the thoughts behind the design of the shelter. Therefore, you cannot visit the shelter by yourself, but we host visits to the shelter approx. once every three months. See when the next trip is taking place here.